Contact Victoria Legal Aid
Victoria Legal Aid is a free, means-tested service for anyone living in Victoria.
You can call them on 1300 792 387.
- If you have special circumstances
- or if you earn less than $850 per week
Free and confidential
Victoria Legal Aid provide free and confidential legal help
How to contact Victoria Legal Aid
Call Victoria Legal Aid on 1300 792 387, Monday to Friday, 8.45 am to 5.15 pm.
You can also visit the Victoria Legal Aid website for more information.
Some Victoria Legal Aid services are available to everyone, while other, more intensive, services are offered to people who need it the most. If they can’t help you with your problem they will refer you to other organisations who can. They can also organise an interpreter and provide help in other languages.
What to do
Collect your fines together
- Group your fines together by stage (infringement, notice of final demand, warrant). You can use the colours of the notices to help you
- or organise them by due date: put the most urgent on the top of the pile
- You can also get a summary of most of your fines from Fines Victoria
Collect supporting information
If you have other information that proves that you shouldn’t have got some of your fines, collect that too. It may be things like:
- Proof that you weren’t the driver of your car when the fine was issued
- A doctor’s letter proving that you have a special circumstance than means you shouldn’t have got the fine
- A letter from a social worker explaining what your situation is
- Bank statements or evidence of your income
- Other evidence that means you can’t pay the fine
Call Victoria Legal Aid
Call Victoria Legal Aid on 1300 792 387, Monday to Friday, 8.45 am to 5.15 pm for information on what to do next.